JMP is a business unit of SAS, the world's leader in analytics software with over 13,000 employees worldwide, which produces interactive software for desktop statistical discovery. Pronounced “jump,” its name suggests a leap in interactivity, a move in a new direction. JMP has grown into a family of statistical discovery products used worldwide in almost every industry. From its beginnings, JMP software has empowered its users by enabling interactive analytics on the desktop. JMP products continue to complement – and are often deployed with – SAS solutions that provide server-based business intelligence.
JMP is growing. Our customer base is big and getting bigger every day. To keep up with that growth, we will be adding a new member to our European Sales Team.
We are currently seeking an Overlay Account Executive to be responsible for sales of JMP software products and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts in DACH & Europe.
Primary Accountabilities & Responsibilities include:
- Sells software and services to current and prospective customers; works with other sales personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within the assigned territory.
- Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and type of accounts.
- Prospects within the assigned sales territory to uncover business needs.
- Implements aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies sales opportunities, and forecasts time frames to close business.
- Works closely with JMP sales teams, including Inside Sales, Sales Engineers and JMP management to facilitate timely response to qualified leads.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts.
- Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develops a complete understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Applies knowledge of company marketing goals and objectives, JMP applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business trends, and industry knowledge to assess account needs.
- Develops plans to identify accounts that have the potential for further development and executes those plans to close business.
- Collaborates with account managers and executives on strategic account development opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Statistics, Marketing, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of sales and sales management to organizations including: six sigma, manufacturing QA, pharmaceutical industry, chemical industry, silicon-chip fabrication, statistics or higher education.
- A minimum of five years of experience in sales of computer software to manufacturing and technical companies.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and to mentor a team.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects
- Ability to travel frequently within the sales territory for customer and team meetings
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and to develop and execute a sales plan for the territory.
- Ability to communicate technical and business concepts.
- Proficiency in written and spoken German and English language
- Familiarity with a quarterly-driven IT sales environment, and moving sales opportunities to close to achieve quarterly targets
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.