SAS Customer Intelligence
Some people see data as facts and figures. But it’s more than that. It’s the lifeblood of business. It contains insights into the customers a marketer wants to reach, and it’s trying to tell you something. SAS helps customers around the world make sense of the message.
SAS® Customer Intelligence lets organizations manage interactions along the customer journey in a more personalized and profitable way. SAS’ analytics solutions provide four areas of expertise that can help marketers in today's technology-focused world: strategy and operations, marketing analytics, multichannel engagement and the digital experience.
At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs from CEO Jim Goodnight’s philosophy: “Treat employees like they make a difference and they will.” To get a feel for what it is like to work at SAS - Click Here
As a Global Technical Support Engineer based in the EMEA region, you will work with customers, internal consultants, developers and product managers to help our customers achieve their business goals.
You will primarily provide 1st and 2nd line expertise customer support for, but not limited to:
- SAS Customer Intelligence 360
- SAS Real-Time Decision Manager
- SAS Marketing Optimization
- SAS Marketing Automation
Your regular duties will include:
- Providing 1st line technical support to international customers using our flag-ship SAS Customer Intelligence 360 solution. This is a SAS hosted solution, so you will liaise with our Dev/Ops team on system issues and R&D on product issues, in a time-critical manner.
- Providing 2nd line technical support to international customers, using Phone, Email, WebEx and other tools as needed to understand what business objectives the customer is trying to achieve.
- Interpreting documentation and explaining error messages, suggesting the appropriate SAS procedure, language feature, product and/or solution, or the supporting systems software or infrastructure feature for the particular type of functionality that is requested, and providing limited guidance and references to help interpret the output that is produced by tools, products and/or solutions.
- Routinely utilizing knowledge of SAS platform architectures and knowledge of complex interactions between multiple SAS system components and third-party products to recommend best practices, trouble-shoot, diagnose and resolve software problems. Potentially replicating customer environments to reproduce and debug problems.
- Working with global Technical Support teams and R&D to:
- Investigate reported issues and determine strategies for responding to the customer.
- Enter defects for verified software problems.
- Coordinate with internal teams to make fixes available to the customer.
- Keep SAS R&D abreast of reliability and maintenance topics
- Provide input on software design based on customer feedback, domain and software knowledge.
- Contribute as a stakeholder in the product lifecycle through gate reviews, commit to ship and sign-off activities, feature/defect submission, and evaluating proposed changes in hot fixes, maintenance, and new releases.
- Providing both formal and informal training to Technical Support staff.
- Keeping abreast of new products and technologies.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
OFFICE LOCATION: This position will be located in an EMEA time zone from your local SAS office.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity of HTTP, TSL and internet security standards
- Familiarity of database technologies
- Experience with a broad range of products in the SAS Customer Intelligence solution family.
- Solid knowledge of Windows, Linux and various UNIX flavors
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to work with people of varied technical/analytical backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to handle deadlines in a multitasking environment
- Ability to set and manage expectations internally and externally at all levels of technical and business management
- Ability to resolve user questions through a combination of independent study, investigative programming, and collaborative efforts with colleagues in and outside of own team
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- Knowledge of Technical Support methodologies
- Ability to travel on an infrequent basis
- Technical Support experience
- Experience with:
- SAS Customer Intelligence Solutions
Applications may be considered in the order they are received.
Please submit your motivations for seeking this opportunity, in English.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn