At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs our CEO's Jim Goodnight’s philosophy:
“Treat employees like they make a difference and they will
- 95 percent of my assets drive out the gate every evening. It's my job to maintain a work environment that keeps those people coming back every morning.”
As a world leader in Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, SAS is at the very forefront of many of the industry’s latest trends. We help market leading organisations turn data about customers, performance, financials and IoT devices into information they can use to innovate and drive transformation within their business.
We are looking for an IFRS17 / Insurance Risk Consultant/Expert for a role in any of the regions within North EMEA; DACH, Nordics, UK & Ireland, Western Europe.
In this position you will primarily participate in the implementation phase of SAS Risk solutions, and as well support during sales and design phase. During the sales and design phase you work closely together with the SAS sales and pre-sales teams, where you will assist in (technical/product) sales activities to maximize revenue.
During implementation you will be part of a team that implements the solution at our customer sites. The implementation team may consists of roles cover different topics, ranging from architecture and technology to data and risk, depending on the project at hand. Projects at SAS range from single product implementation project of 20-50 days, to complex multiple-solution change projects of over 1000 mandays.
Depending on your level and background you adopt a leading or expert role in the engagement with our internal and customer stakeholders. Which role you may adopt, you will be able to grow both personally and professionally.
- Engage with our customers to gather requirements, through personal interaction and by conducting (large group) workshops.
- Scope and define work effort, support resource planning and estimate cost on Risk aspects of a project.
- Provide reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Strategizes with sales team to provide domain leadership for sales opportunities.
- Build a trusted relationship with our clients and account executive in order to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide support for user group events and trade shows.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other technical SAS resources.
- Leverage detailed Business/Risk/Technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- Assist the sales team with complex domain/technical sales activities and/or supports project acquisition.
- Assist in the response to RFI/RFPs utilizing your expertise and experience, as well as the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Deliver standard and/or customized software demonstrations and presentations outlining the technical features, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS software as they apply to client needs.
- Support education department in providing training to clients, partners and internal colleagues.
- Install/configure SAS Insurance Risk solutions.
- Interact with R&D and Technical Support to make recommendations on product, process, and documentation.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience in risk management product implementation, preferably with SAS software.
- Interacting with different cultures in one team.
- Stakeholder / customer management of a customer which has a complex organization and where internal interests are not always aligned.
- Workshop facilitation and communications.
- Software product demonstration in front of large audiences.
- Working independently and as part of a team.
Knowledge & qualification:
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or similar.
- Expert knowledge of SAS Risk Management solution / subject areas.
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts and best practices.
- Understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Insurance and/or Banking Regulations like IFRS9, Basel, SolvencyII, IFRS17.
- Very good German and English skills.
This role is based out of one of our headquarters within North EMEA; DACH, Nordics, UK & Ireland, Western Europe. Frequent travel within Europe will be required.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn