Big Data. Bigger Opportunities.
The IoT Division believes that our people are our greatest asset and that only through our collective passion, collaboration, and hard work can we truly make a difference for our customers. We believe in a dynamic, innovative environment that requires a diversity of thought, and that great ideas can come from anywhere.
This role requires a resourceful, multi-talented individual that enjoys working with ever changing technology and that isn’t intimidated by ambiguity. In this role, you’ll be a member of an eclectic team whose primary purpose is the collective success of our internal and external customers and partners. As a charter member in this newly formed division, you’ll be asked to wear many hats – helping sell one day, enabling channel partners another, and building out innovative IoT assets the next. In a nutshell, you will need to do whatever is necessary to make our offerings and customers successful.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Builds a trusted relationship with Sales and Channel Partners to provide practical guidance in the business value of proposed IoT solutions and sets proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic IoT solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional and technical capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS IoT solutions as they apply to client needs
Works proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects, Consultants and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer
- Help to define and develop IoT service offerings, and enable a broad set of professional services teams and partners.
- Develop, document, and communicate IoT best practices.
- Perform advanced or complex prototyping of SAS IoT technologies
- Provide hands-on knowledge transfer of IoT best practices to strategic channel partners.
- Develops standard, customized and/or strategic IoT solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS IoT solutions.
- May work on PoC’s and special projects as assigned; act as the IoT lead on assigned activities.
- Develop innovative IoT assets that showcase our value and capabilities.
- Develop use cases that demonstrate the value of IoT in new and\or under developed problem domains.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field; with strong experience in technical consulting, systems engineering, applications development and/or customer support experience
- Travel as business needs dictate
- Strong understanding of software, platform, cloud, connectivity and technology in the widest sense
- Strong applied knowledge of IoT or Event Stream Processing; experience in capturing, using, and\or analyzing streaming data
- Understanding of Hadoop Data Architectures and native Hadoop Data Management tools and techniques
- Prior experience in machine learning, statistics, and/or predictive modeling
- Good understanding of the SAS Platform including architecture, security and administration
- Superior facilitation, problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conceptualize clients' needs and translate into specific implementation strategies
- High sales and customer orientation and pronounced consultancy competence
- Very good presentation ability at all levels
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users
- Ability to execute against a general set of objectives creatively and in a self-directed manner
Some people see data as facts and figures. But it’s more than that. It’s the lifeblood of business. It contains an organisation's history and it’s trying to tell you something. SAS helpscustomers around the world make sense of the message.
As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms data into insights that give our clients a fresh perspective on their business. They can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t and discover new opportunities.
At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs from CEO Jim Goodnight’s philosophy: “Treat employees like they make a difference and they will.” To get a feel for what it is like to work at SAS
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn