Senior Industry Consultant, IoT (Internet Of Things)
The IoT Division in SAS believes that our people are our greatest asset and that only through our collective passion, collaboration, and hard work can we truly make a difference for our customers. We believe in a dynamic, innovative environment that requires a diversity of thought, and that great ideas can come from anywhere.
This role requires a resourceful, multi-talented individual that enjoys working with ever changing technology and business models - and isn’t intimidated by ambiguity. In this role, you’ll be a member of an eclectic team whose primary purpose is the collective success of our internal and external customers and partners as they exploit the IoT as a means of driving meaningful business outcomes. As a charter member in this newly formed division, you’ll be asked to wear many hats – helping sell one day, enabling channel partners another, and building out innovative IoT assets the next. In a nutshell, you will need to do whatever is necessary to make our offerings and customers successful.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, IoT Operations, EMEA & AP who is currently based in UK. Our IoT Industry Consultants rely on extensive industry/business domain expertise and networks to drive strategic industry, solution, and technology positioning and messaging in our target markets. They act as a front-line spokesperson with internal and external audiences.
Location of role: This role is based in Germany. Flexible to position out of any of our DE SAS offices with travel. Fluent English essential.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Builds a trusted relationship with direct sales and IoT commercial managers to provide sales support, including customer meetings, practical guidance in the business value of proposed IoT solutions and sets proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic IoT solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional and technical capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS IoT solutions as they apply to client needs
- Works proactively with sales teams, partners, marketing, R&D to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer
- Leverage domain experience in thought leadership exercises: speaking and writing
- Help to define and develop IoT service offerings, and enable a broad set of professional services teams and partners
- Develop, document, and communicate IoT best practices.
- Provide hands-on knowledge transfer of IoT best practice to strategic channel partners
- Develops standard, customized and/or strategic IoT solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS IoT solutions
- May work on PoC’s and special projects as assigned; act as the IoT lead on assigned activities
- Develop innovative IoT assets that showcase our value and capabilities
- Develop use cases that demonstrate the value of IoT in new and\or under developed problem domains
- Provides new approaches for sales support and enablement to further our division goals
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline. Graduate coursework or advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in areas of subject matter expertise or presales related roles
- Experience building collaborative marketing and partner-marketing campaigns
- Experience with product marketing in the software and/or analytics space
- Recognized as a thought leader with knowledge in a specialist area of IoT
- Understanding or experience within the agricultural business would be highly desirable and a considerable asset
- General understanding of computer or network hardware and any programming languages, (Python, Java, C, C++ or similar), would be a great asset
- Ability to work with database query languages
- Familiarity with base SAS or SAS tools, though not required
- Ability to present to all levels of an organization
- Excellent analytical or technical and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills across channels as well as small and large groups
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems
- Familiar with SAS or competitive products in IoT
- Active member in key IoT associations and groups
Important Note - Potential candidates must be legally eligible to work in the EU & not rerquire visa or sponsorship.