Engages in and supports the development and implementation of strategic business plans and marketing activities involving the SAS internal channel (regions/country’s) customers and/or business partner organizations. Serves as a first point of contact for the defined territory that creates momentum in driving Global Hosting revenues and spotting opportunities for growing the Global Hosting business. Activities include, internal channel development and enablement, support the sales team in sales cycles including direct involvement in customer meetings, support marketing activities, and/or business partner relationships to achieve defined goals.
- Achieve sales targets and other associated goals set
- Be the first point of contact for the defined territory, acting as a conduit in to Global Hosting resources
- Pro-actively work with sales staff to ensure that Global Hosting is best positioned.
- Support the forecast process highlighting any differences between local forecast and Global Hosting team expectations – flagging these differences to the Sales Director and Sales Operations function.
- Support and attend both local/regional and Global Hosting team sales governance calls sales meetings as required. Become an integral part of the local sales/bus dev operation
- Ensuring timeliness, completeness and accuracy of reporting, business plans, sales governance assets under your control and carry out gap analysis on the pipeline v target, forecast v expected forecast v target etc.
- Provide monthly and quarterly updates against plans and objectives
- Help to improve sales performance by helping to share of best practices and to spot improvement opportunities in the sales process/practices.
- Work with various stakeholders in support of the win/loss process of major programs and broadly analyse win/loss of general SSO business, identifying common themes.
- Ensure that all deal details in Orion are correctly recorded, highlighting Global Hosting opportunities
- Update other internal systems as required e.g. confluence
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers and/or business partners as needed.
- Supports contract negotiations for Global Hosting related components
- Ensures a consistent message is communicated to customers and/or business partners, and keeps abreast of new solution and technology development and marketing strategies; keeps business partners informed of development and deployment as appropriate.
- Serves as a resource to staff and management to recommend general direction and structure to implement activities associated with related projects and initiatives.
In conjunction with local resources, Global Hosting Management and program management:
- Develop and maintain business plans and other related assets as required
- Support enablement process of country/regional personnel – ensuring they understand the Global Hosting value proposition.
- Support the build of an appropriate partner network
- Participate in client meetings as required
- Develop lead generation plans
- 10+ years of sales/overlay-sales/channel development- Software or Services or Hosting
- Good experience of contract negotiation and legal infrastructure
- Understanding of how to open up markets
- Advanced skills in developing and executing on business plans at the strategic and tactical level.
- Excellent Excel, PPT, Word experience.
- Experience of coordinating and updating CRM systems
- Strong time management with ability to prioritise
- Willingness and proven ability to work under pressure, ‘make it happen’ and meet tight customer time constraints.
- Gain Solid understanding and then application of internal governance procedures.
- Ability to build good working relationships across a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to travel internationally as required.
- Good English language skills – both written and verbal
- Experience of hosting/on-demand/cloud/SaaS
- Experience / understanding of technical architecture
- Multi-lingual for territory covered
- Experience of working across multiple countries within territory
This role is based from one of our headquarters in Germany, preferably Heidelberg.
We have a modern working environment with superb facilities designed to promote wellbeing, creativity and collaboration.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn