Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
We are currently seeking an experienced Consulting Manager to lead one of our Consulting teams in DACH.
You will play a vital role in the successful implementation of SAS solutions, providing consulting services, including solution development, implementation and project closeout at customer sites and assist sales teams with sales activities.
Working as part of the DACH Consulting team will present you with the opportunity to drive change, delivery strategic value and broaden your knowledge. You will work with market leading solutions and a variety of top customers on interesting projects.
- Provide delivery leadership to SAS projects across all sectors
- Reach the consulting realization target through consulting pipeline creation & forecasting
- Influence sales through domain or business expert credibility brought directly to ongoing sales cycles.
- Overall project portfolio management function, providing leadership, coordination, and management of delivery
- Create implementation proposals & business cases
- Pricing, negotiations and contracting
- Contribute to account and opportunity development
- Support the project manager and project office in the allocation of resources
- Work in close collaboration with project managers: from handing over consulting opportunities to assuring project delivery
- Follow-up of customer satisfaction for consulting engagements
- Follow-up of contractual obligations
- Respond quickly, strategically and in a flexible way to sales requests
- Make sure methodologies are used and solution architectures designed
- Maintain a constructive relationship with account managers and presales
- Manage escalation through relationship management
- Presentations of consulting services offerings to clients and marketing events
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience including proven record in team/people management
- Consulting and/or project management experience with a proven track record of delivery
- Strong ability to map customer requirements and solution design using different tools, techniques and interfaces
- Experience providing oversight, guidance and expertise to ensure projects are implemented on time and are executed as designed
- Familiar with different selling approaches such as Transformational Selling, Solution Selling, etc.
- Experience acting as key point of contact for clients
- Ability to travel as business needs require
- Excellent communication, negotiations, presentation and business writing skills in both German and English
- Have an “executive presence” – be able to have a constructive dialogue with senior management of our client base about improving their business and representing SAS in Project Steering Committees
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.